You CAN put the following items in a skip bin:
- General household rubbish
- Builders waste
- Green waste
- Dry concrete
You CANNOT put the following items in a skip bin:
- Liquid paints
- Toxic Waste
- Gas bottles
- Asbestos (unless you have specifically ordered an asbestos bin)
What do you do with items that you CANNOT put in a skip bin?
- The Brisbane City Council provides information about how you can dispose of Household Hazardous Waste (such as paints, batteries, oil and gas bottles). Click the link for more information.
- Supercheap Auto now has oil recycling facilities at their stores. Click the link to find out more.
- The Planet Ark website provides information about where you can take tyres for recycling in the Brisbane area. Click the link for more information.
Asbestos Skip Bins
Bris-Skips is EPA Approved to transport Asbestos waste materials. Being regulated waste all Asbestos needs to be contained in specially lined bins.
We put a plastic liner in the bin for you at the time of delivery. All you need to do is cover the bin with the plastic provided when you are finished and tape it.
PLEASE NOTE: Use of bins for Asbestos needs to be specified when ordering.
Skip Bin Length of Hire
The standard hire term for a skip bin is 7 days. However, you can have your bin removed at anytime within 7 days. An extra charge may apply if you want it for more than 7 days.
Skip Bins need to placed behind the property line. Our trucks need access (e.g. the driveway) that is 3m wide by 3.8m high to be able to get in to the site and unload the bin.
Sometimes it is not possible to get the bin behind the property line. In these situations the driver will be able to help you find a spot for the bin at the time of delivery.